Friday, June 5, 2009

New camera, other pics

I'm not that crazy about the pics I took at the showers, as I cannot stand my crappy digital camera. Julia took a ton of great ones, and when she gets em up on Picasa I'll include a link here. Mr. Long-lost-and-now-found-again-friend Mike Semas took some great ones in San Jose, and has them up here. To rectify the camera issue, I went to Best Buy yesterday and bought a fancy new one, about which I'm very excited. I shall take new amazing photos and post them and you'll all be amazed by the incredible difference that the new camera makes.

I felt very, very pregnant while in Best Buy. After about 45 seconds of standing in the Return line, where I was returning a router for Jason, I became exhausted, and totally irritated that they didn't provide a chair for pregnant ladies forced to stand in this hellish line. The same sentiment overcame me a bit later, once I'd waddled all the way to the restroom, and then all the way to the camera section, where I stood like a moron, staring at a sea of digital cameras for like five minutes without anyone coming to assist me. I want a chair to sit in! I thought, brimming with a fiery sense of pregnant entitlement. Why is there no CHAIR?!? Don't they know that my entire groin aches and my legs are tired and the groin ache sometimes radiates down the legs and I cannot just stand here like a normal customer?

Then I went for a swim, which greatly relieved all groin and hip discomfort. Upon arriving home, though, it was book-and-couch-and-Giants-game-city for several hours. I couldn't handle another errand. When Jason arrived home I quickly discovered that, in addition to feeling the physical intensity of the baby, I was really feeling the emotional intensity as well. This was most evident when I started to cry because he left an empty popsicle box on a shelf instead of immediately recycling it, and again when I cried because he asked "What are you doing?" when I was g-chatting w/ Rachel; I managed to take this as some kind of accusation, rather than a pretty innocuous question, and so cried. And we then had a good discussion about giving me a bit of extra room to be irrational and weepy and snappy. Cuz this shit is crazy, man.

And then we ate a delicious dinner and put away baby shower gifts in the baby room. Or rather, I sat on the bed and told him where to put things.

I love you, Jason. You are the best.

No comments: