Friday, January 23, 2009

It Is Ok For Me To Do Nothing But Read, Eat, Write, and Nap Today

The post title is an affirmation of sorts. I'm tired. I've been traveling. I can't spell traveling. We went to the inauguration. It was amazing. I don't feel like writing about it right now, nor do I feel like doing any of the other many things I could/should do. What I want to do is lay down and get in touch with my baby. Say hi, sing it a song. See if I can feel it move. I haven't felt it move yet, and though I'm in the normal range for not-having-felt-baby-move-yet, I'm still starting to have anxiety dreams about it. My big thing to do today was to meet with Amrit, the midwife, but she rescheduled because she's spent her past 50 hours at a birth. A 50-hour birth. Times like this I manage to realize I will soon be doing this too.

So I am going to make a kale salad, set up some snacks, grab a book (and, yes, the remote) and get on the couch. Guilt-free. I am growing a person. So there.

No comments: