Monday, February 16, 2009

When You're Pregnant and You Have the Flu, Do Not Google "flu and pregnancy"

Seriously, don't. I know better than that, but somehow, at 5:30am after I'd been up all night barfing, etc, I decided to increase my discomfort by enabling internet-based paranoia. Once the results popped up, I realized what a dumb idea it was, and though I didn't even go beyond the first page of hits, it was enough to freak me out for a bit, and I was momentarily convinced that the baby was sure to get this stomach virus. I woke Jason up and he was very comforting and then I fell back asleep and woke up and called Amrit, who assured me that as long as I'm fever-free (I am), the baby is fine. It's just me who feels like crap. She also told me that the baby has a three-day food supply, so if I can't eat for a few days, she'll be ok. Which was good to know, as I didn't really eat yesterday. Today I had yogurt and toast. And lots of tea. Luckily it's stormy out, and a three-day weekend, so it's a good cozy time to be sick. Jason is not yet sick (fingers crossed), though he did join me in my lethargy yesterday (when he wasn't fetching me tea and Saltines), and we watched "Best in Show" (for the millionth time) and "Pineapple Express" (I love James Franco) and lots of TV and we napped and read US Weekly (thanks Aubs). And I'm making headway in the third Twilight book. God, Bella is such a freaking moron.

It sucks to be sick, especially since I've been feeling so totally awesome and strong and healthy. But I'm feeling better now, and am no longer barfing, which is excellent. And the baby is kicking up a storm, which is wondrous, though it does make my already-queasy and weird-feeling stomach feel even weirder. But I love it, and I'm glad one of us has energy.

Here's to the much-needed rain and to Valentine's Day and Scrabble and reality TV and my cats and to getting better and reading a lot and this couch, which is really unbelievably comfortable.

No comments: