Monday, February 23, 2009

Cribs


Jason adopted his Mexican wrestler alter ego in order to assemble the crib.




My nesting instinct is starting to kick in, which has led me to troll Craigslist for cribs (among other baby-related things), as I feel like we can't set up the baby room without a crib. It just seems essential. Granted, nothing but stuffed animals will sleep in it for many many months, but still...Craigslist is awash in well-priced cribs that all look essentially the same, so when I found this one I got very excited. It's blue! An excellent blue, my favorite shade of blue. Cornflower blue is what I'd call it. Plus it's solid wood, and not from China, and not painted with lead paint, and not from Wal-Mart. And it retails for like $700, which is an insane amount to spend on a crib. The nice couple that sold it to us included very cute bedding, a crib bumper, and a Winnie-the-Pooh mobile: $100 total. I love Craigslist.

Jason set it up in the living room, and though it didn't take long, he did have to partially disassemble it to get it into the baby room, as it didn't fit through the door. Which was really quite charming.

So now it's all set up and is filled with stuffed animals and my baby blankets. So real. So very very real.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a great crib! how exciting!