Monday, March 30, 2009

Basically, what I'm feeling is this...

I'm planning some kind of big epic post on birth culture, The Business of Being Born, midwifery, language, hospitals, and judgment (ooo, exciting, right!?) as well as a slew of new photos from our weekend in Nevada with Pa and Gramma Judi, but for now, can I just say how freakin' excited I am to have a baby with Jason?!?!? Arrrrrgggg I could not be happier. Sometimes it's overwhelming, this joy. But always in a wondrous overflowing magical way.

Also, Amrit came this morning: all's looking great. She pricked my finger to check my glucose levels (perfect! spot on! pancreas working fine, no signs of prenatal diabetes!); checked my ph levels (all good, the water drinking is working---no protein in the urine!); checked the baby's position: head down, nestled right on top of my bladder (thanks dear), right where she should be. And though she can still flip around and do her thing, it's a good sign (in terms of not being breech) that she 'knows where she should be' (Amrit called her 'organized' which indicates that, thus far, she is taking after neither of us); gave me a shot of Rhogam in my butt (my blood type is O-, and Jason's +, so as a precaution I got a shot in the butt to ensure that, should Ivy be +, and should our blood mix, my antibodies won't attack her); and generally told me that we are developing and growing and proceeding delightfully apace.

4 comments:

JP said...

I am going to walk into the kitchen and give you a kiss right now.

Unknown said...

Wow.
You two are beautiful people.
But...can I just say how fascinating the blood type part is? How fascinating your entire check-up is. I had no idea about any of that. And I cannot resist saying that I'm glad to hear that little Ivy, already organized, sounds very much like a Cancerian.

todd said...

organized little princess. i love her so much. also i love that we are 0-!

julia said...

todd says he is happy that ivy is maybe going to be a cancer like him so that he can teach her to shred on a skateboard if her parents are cool with that, and julia says she is happy that ivy is an organized precious little awesome life force. and julia says yay to 0 negative!